Need to get a head-start on mushroom cultivation? Our 1-day training option is perfect to cover all the loose ends between theory and practice and we’ve put together an easy to follow and practical guide to ensure the success of your first harvest.
Find out how Mushroom World can help you through our specialized training today!
Schedule plan: 8, 35 Soi Klum Yang, Tambon Chalong, Amphoe Mueang Phuket, Chang Wat Phuket 83000, Thailand (Transportation can be arranged)
Saturday, Sunday or PH 9.30am to 5 pm (Lunch & Light Refreshments included)
Some mushrooms are believed to contain magical healing powers while others are feared as they bring about death.
These little fungi have been used by men as far back as 9000B.C.
Today, edible mushrooms are simply loved by all. They are found in dishes from all around the world.
However, not many have considered growing them as they have the following doubts:
– How to start?
– What if my mushrooms are poisonous?
– TROPIC can grow edible mushrooms?
– Isn’t it difficult and expensive to start?
Here’s the Good News, if you’ve always wanted to learn how to grow and cultivate mushrooms right in your very own home, Mushroom World now has a Hands-On Workshop especially for you.
What You Will Learn
• What is a mushroom, Plant or Fungi?
• Why You Should Eat Mushrooms
• Mushroom Nanny vs Mushroom Growers
• Types of mushrooms you can grow
• 4 Steps Process in Mushroom Cultivation
• Do’s & Don’ts When Growing Mushrooms
• How to Identify Poisonous and Edible Mushrooms
GROWING MUSHROOM IS BOTH AN ART AND A SCIENCE?
HOW TO PREPARE FORMULATED SUBSTRATE
HOW TO SELECT MUSHROOMS
WHERE TO SELL YOUR MUSHROOMS
This is a HANDS-ON Organic Workshop which means you WILL be getting your hands dirty. Learn step-by-step first hand the actual methods used by Seasoned Mushroom Farmers.
• Preparation of Potatoes Dextrose Agar(PDA) for Tissue Cultivation.
• Preparation of mushroom spawns for Inoculation.
• Preparation of substrates for Incubation.
• Preparation for harvest & “rejuvenate” substrates.
This Workshop is for the following people:
• People who want to learn how to grow mushrooms at home.
• People who appreciate healthy living and eating.
• Passionate Gardeners who wish to learn more tips and tricks for Organic Gardening
• People who dream of having their own Edible Mushroom Farm
• People who believe in eating right
• People who want to reduce Toxic food and a Toxic LifeStyle
Nature lovers who wish to get back to nature
This Workshop is NOT for the following people:
• People who are afraid of getting their hands dirty
• People who do not have an open mind and lack the zest in learning any new.
• People who do not like a hands-on learning experience
• People who lack patience in learning
• People who prefer a simple dull life
LEARNING METHODS AND OUTCOMES
The course will involve group activities and individual practice as well as some theoretical study of the fungi world. Participants will get the first-hand experience of the materials, tools, and techniques involved in the processes of mushroom cultivation that we use here at Mushroom World, both in the lab and in the field. Our instructors began their journeys in growing fungi with simple DIY home cultivation techniques and as such, this aspect of accessible technology is referred to throughout the course.
Liam Lee: Liam is the FOUNDER of Mushroom World. Liam began his journey into the cultivation of mushrooms after witnessing how mushroom was cultivated. The experiences captivated and motivated him to delve deeper into the “WORLD OF MUSHROOM”. That is how the name of the company “MUSHROOM WORLD” is born. He began his training by self-acquiring knowledge and has his practical training in Thailand, learning skills from mushroom masters in the land of smiles. Having “SAFE, SECURE & SUSTAINABLE” as our MISSION, Liam started exploring using spent coffee grounds to “run” strain of oyster mushroom. Successfully growing this strain of Pleurotus Ostreatus on coffee grounds, he soon began to delve deeper into the mushroom world with a desire to find ways of applying these ideas and techniques to the design of integrated permaculture. Alongside this, he has also created a “Mushroom World Community” on Facebook. These endeavors are recorded and shared through the mushroomworld.com.sg,to support participants of the Mushroom Cultivation Course in their future mushroom growing practice.
Mushroom World Thailand, Phuket is a 3800sqft land on the northern edge of the hill in Chalong district. It offers a secluded and peaceful location for our course participants to learn and explore the potential of applying ideas and techniques to the design of integrated permaculture.
Mushroom World offers HOMESTAY at affordable price
BOOKING AND PAYING FOR YOUR PLACE
To book a place on the course use the following link to complete the booking form.
Please note that we ask that you pay in FULL to secure a place on the course. NO refund will be entertain after a place is secured
*Note: This is a Hands-On workshop. Training area is open and airy. Attire – Casual. Items To Bring – A pen and an open mind.